Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Quick Update.


[This was originally going to be a blog entry on my personal blog, (on New Year's Day, I challenged myself to write a blog post every day for a year) but then I read through it and saw that the whole thing had to do with jewelry making and the business side of things as well. I also owned up to the fact that I had been neglecting this blog for far too long. So I yoinked it from the grips of my personal blog and decided to put it here, where it really belongs...]

Well, I am all out of my spiral bracelets. They have all been sold! [Insert happy dance break.] So now I have money from buying them and I get to make some more, which is fun for me. So this is a win/win situation. Another win, is I get to buy one of those 6 ft. folding tables that are much better than the one that I have. It’s really heavy and is such a bugger to move every time I need to, even though Rob does most of the moving. It also takes up more space than a folding table would. My next major purchase will be a new pop-up-style canopy for my booth. The one I have now is on the cheap side, and it’s the kind with the splayed out legs. I want a sturdier one with legs that stand vertically. They allow for more room because they’re 10’x10’ top to bottom, where as the one I have now is debatably 10’x10’ at the feet and about 8’x8’ at the top. Splayed out legs are also easier to trip over. The straight legs would be safer for me as well as anyone around my booth. The way things are going, I feel like I’ll be able to do that soon.

Right now I have to go into super-productive mode. I have the Silver Lake market on the 9th which means that I need to restock my booth. I should have been doing that since the end of the holiday season, but I needed a bit of a health break and I have been working on commissions. Getting back into doing the booths and all is something I am rather excited about. I am going to have a small part of my booth set up for seasonal products. For this month, it will be Valentine’s Day jewelry. Next month will be Spring themed with maybe a bit of the green stuff for St. Patrick’s Day. The market in April is on my birthday, so I might do birthday specials something like “guess my age for a 10% discount.” Hmm, maybe I won’t, because NO ONE would guess right unless they were very lucky. I have the family “curse” of looking WAY younger than I actually am. My mom says it bugs her to no end but I know deep down inside she likes it. 

So that's a brief update and I promise that new posts are coming really soon. Most will even have pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment