Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I've Got Spirals on My Fingers! *

So I recently came across this video and I thought I’d give it a try.

 I was a bit hesitant due to my challenges with using the double needle technique (not technically using needles but both ends of mono-filament). But I thought the ring had potential so I made it.

It's really late and if I bothered to really edit the photos, this post might not get done, so I'm going to be showing pictures of it as they came off of my phone. Still, this one isn't for sale anyway, but when I do make some for sale, the pictures are going to look a LOT better.


I started this ring late at night a couple of nights ago, which is why the image is so dark. 
But I wanted to get a quick snapshot of what the base of the ring looked like.

And this is the finished ring. I really liked the combination of colors that I used. 
Rob says that it reminds him of a Venice Carnavale mask. 
Um, I don't see it, but okay! lol He did say he really liked it.

Here's the profile of the ring.
It seems a lot puffier here than it actually looks on my hand.

Here's the band, I really like the look of it.

Here's the finished ring again.



















I'll probably end up keeping this ring. I had a few glitches happen while making it. I do plan on making a few more though, for sale in my booth. It depends on how fast I can make one. I'll probably try to crank out one more for now, but I really have to make some more necklaces for sale because I found a new market to vend at and I'm trying it out this weekend. Wish me luck!

*Fun fact: The title of this blog entry is a nod to the Beatles where at the end of Helter Skelter, Ringo Starr yells, "I've got blisters on my fingers!" from all the crazy drumming throughout the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment