Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My "new" beading project carry-along

So this weekend, I had a play date; in other words, a craft day. My friend Becky was having some people over to work on bellydance costumes and invited me to bring my beads or any other craft I wanted to work on. So of course I brought my beads. In my on going quest to try to not bring my entire bead stash to craft days, I set my mind on one project only. Though I showed great restraint, I still brought way more beads than I needed. I was looking around my room for something to put the beads in and I realized that this big glad ware plastic container would work perfectly, but that's not where the genius ended. I knew that I didn't want to bring my usual tray because I didn't know how much room I would have to work with (it's a rather larger cafeteria-size tray lined with a piece of fabric cut from an old fleece throw).

As I was thinking about what I wanted to do, I realized that the lid would make the perfect workspace and promptly cut a piece of felt and glued it to the outside of the lid. This will be my go to from now on when I have craft days to go to. 
It has plenty of room to bring more stuff than I need


The felt makes it a perfect work surface for beads!

 It's also cool that it fits inside of my purse!
It helps that I carry a pretty big purse!

Here's me, using the tray/lid

Plenty of workspace!  I decided to work on another flower pin.

2 comments:

  1. What a terrific idea about the felt! We're going on a cruise an a month and I'm going to "steal" this idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete