Saturday, February 11, 2012

A New Self-Inflicted Challenge


So I’ve been wondering what challenge I wanted to give myself for this time of year. Last year, it was to make jewelry with all the colors of the year's Pantone Spring forecast. While I did that, more or less, I totally bombed out on taking pictures of all of it to share. With that in mind, I was thinking that my challenge this year would be to use the new spring forecast and to actually take pictures this time.  But this week, I was preparing to go to a craft night at a friend’s house and decided to look through some old tutorials to see if there was anything I wanted to make that night. In the process, I realized that I had so many tutorials that I’ve bought or cut from magazines or downloaded online that I really liked but never made for whatever reason. So I decided that my new challenge will be to make something from as many of these patterns as I can. I’m thinking at least one new pattern/tutorial per week. I might have to weed out those that look a bit dated. I've been collecting for YEARS. I'll probably even throw in some of those Pantone colors while I'm at it.

That being said, here is a peek at the first one. 
Looks like I have some Sodalite Blue in there!





















 It took me a while to get comfortable with the flow of the pattern when I started it Thursday night. By Friday I got the hang of it and  I worked on it all day. It’s still not finished but that’s due to a problem I've had with sitting this weekend (horrible sacrum spasms or something in that area). I was still working on it off and on today despite the pain. Rob said that I was literally suffering for my art. Hopefully I’ll be done tomorrow and have a really neat picture to share and I'll go into more detail about it. Then on to the next project!

Whoa! I had a serious feeling of déjà vu while writing those last two sentences… freaky!

No comments:

Post a Comment